Monday 2 April 2012

Resources to Start Off Your Week 11

With the holidays over it is time to hit the ground running! Only five more weeks of my student teaching placement and I now that it is going to fly by. Here are some more great resources to start off your week! Remember, I will be adding these to my Favourite Websites page so ensure you head over there to check out the full list that I've complied so far.

1 ) ChronoZoom
- This website hosts an amazing timeline that has pretty much sums up all timelines
  ever created! It includes information from humanities and sciences and provides
   information in text, video, audio and images.
- I found it a bit difficult to navigate but after some playing around I was able to
  get it all figured out.
- http://www.chronozoomproject.org/

2 ) ElectroCITY
-This fun game appoints students as the "mayor" of their own city! Students are
  responsible for generating enough electricity to power their town, managing their
  budget and maintain the environment.
- This website provides a lot of teacher resources as well to accompany the game.
- http://www.electrocity.co.nz/

3 ) Floor Plan Tool
- This website allows teachers to use blueprints and drag-and-drop items to map
  out a floor plan for their classrooms!
- Perfect for re-arranging and organizing
- http://classroom.4teachers.org/FloorPlanR.swf

Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love learning about new websites! 5 weeks left for me too... can you believe it? I'm really gonna cry when I leave these kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to go by SO fast! Do you go right into summer holidays/graduation after your placement or do you have to return to classes for a few weeks? (I've heard of both types of placements)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!