Monday 9 April 2012

Resources to Start Off Your Week 12

Now that I've begun to use Google Reader more efficiently I've been able to actually keep track of the blogs I want to follow. Yay! That means I've been able to find out about a whole bunch of awesome new resources to start off your week! Remember, I will be adding these to my Favourite Websites page so ensure you head over there to check out the full list that I've complied so far.

1 ) Storyline Online
- This website features videos of children's books being read aloud by members
   of the Screen Actor's Guild! Who wouldn't want to listen to Betty White reading
   a story?
- Each story has an associated activities guide and subtitles so children can read
  along.
- http://storylineonline.net/
storyline online, childrens books, online audio childrens books, screen actors guild read books

2 ) NOVA
- This PBS website has so many great educational resources for all subjects including
   ancient worlds, the body, physics, planet earth, nature, military, etc.
- There are so many videos, text, images and audio files to chose from, for FREE!
- http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/
PBS NOVA, free educational videos, teacher resources,

3 ) 52 Google Doc Secrets for Students
- This comprehensive list compiled by Online Colleges staff writers lays out 52 neat
   Google Doc tricks like adding math equations in easily!
- http://www.onlinecolleges.net/2012/04/04/52-great-google-docs-secrets-for-students/
google docs for students, google docs in the classroom, google docs tips

4 ) Physics LiveBinder
- This Live Binder features comprehensive AP Physics and AP Chemistry unit plans
   that are complete down to the smallest detail.
- Includes notes, videos, assignments, lab schedule breakdowns, rubrics, etc.
- http://www.livebinders.com/play/play_or_edit?id=85796#

live binder, physics unit plan, chemisty unit plan, high school physics resources, high school chemisty resources, free chemistry unit plans, free physics unit plans


5 ) Build a Body
- An interactive biology website that allows students to build their very own human
  bodies as they make their way through each system.
- Students learn about the parts of the body, the systems and diseases through
  specific case studies.
- You do have to create an account to use this game.
- http://www.spongelab.com/game_pages/BAB.cfm

biology games


Happy Monday everyone!
By the way, I never won any of the giveaways. Did you have any luck?

2 comments:

  1. Cool sites! The classroom where I'm at now doesn't have a smart board so I can't use websites a lot, but I'm hoping soon I'll work in a classroom that does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angel! I also CANNOT wait until I have my own classroom one day. Hopefully this stock pile of resources will come in handy for both of us when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!