Monday 23 April 2012

Resources to Start Off Your Week 14

     It is the SECOND LAST week of student teaching! As much as I am loving being in the classroom and teaching, days like today, with plus 25 degrees Celsius weather, have me counting down the days until we are on summer vacation and my fiance and I can move back home. To get through the last two weeks I've found some great new resources to start off your week!

1 ) What About Me? Intel Infographic
- The Intel website now has a tool that allows users to create a
  personal infographic about themselves using information from
  one of their social networking websites (Twitter, YouTube, etc).
- Its really neat to see a summary of all of your information and
  they are very eye-catching!
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/what-about-me/what-about-me.html

infographic, social networking use, personal infographic for students

2 ) BBC Interactives & Graphics
- This website has put together a great compilation of interactive
   images and graphics that allow students to explore a variety of
   subject-areas.
- This provides excellent starting points for research projects!
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/11628973

interactive graphics for students


3 ) Alliance Outline and Thematic Maps
- The Arizona Geographic Alliance and ASU’s School of Geographical
  Sciences has put together a FREE online resource of printable maps.
- Includes different maps of the world, countries, regions, grade specific
  maps and historical maps.
- http://alliance.la.asu.edu/maps/maps.htm

free map printables, maps for students, free maps

Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Found your blog today! I am your newest follower:) Stop by and visit me...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following Jessica! I am checking out your blog as I type this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent resources! I like your photos that explain so much, too. BBC is really good. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! You're right, I've been finding so many wonderful programs through BBC. Definitely bookmark worthy :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!