Monday 3 June 2013

Resources To Start Off Your Week 66

     Today marks the first Monday in June which means that school will be finishing up in just a few short weeks! While many teachers around here are eagerly anticipating these last few weeks so they can finish up their year and begin their summer holidays, I am excited because it means I will get access to my first classroom!! I can't wait to start organizing and putting my mark on my future classroom :) I have already been told that major renovations will be taking place in the room beside me so I am hoping that doesn't cause too many delays when it comes to gaining access to my room. *Fingers crossed*

     I'm still spending a lot of time finding resources that I can incorporate in my classroom. While these resources aren't subject specific, I feel like they could be a great addition to any classroom and I plan to utilize all of them! As always, I will be adding these to my lists of resources under the Fav Websites page.

1 ) Blooms Taxonomy of iPad Apps
- iPads are being utilized in countless schools around the world from
  Kindergarten to Grade 12, as well as through higher education. This
  Blooms Taxonomy wheel, created by Allan Carrington, breaks down
  exactly how we can use this technology in the classroom in a meaningful
  and purposeful way.
- Not only does it organize various iPad apps by the different level of
  Blooms, but it also provides various activity suggestions. This is one of
  the best and compact iPad resources that I've seen, thanks Allan!
http://www.unity.net.au/padwheel/padwheelposter.pdf

blooms taxonomy ipad wheel, blooms ipad, how to use ipads in the classroom, ipads in learning, ipad blooms taxonomy

2 ) Digital Storytelling Evaluation Rubrics
- Have you wanted to use Digital Storytelling with your students but wasn't
  quite sure about the assessment aspect of the project? Med Kharbach, at
  Educational Technology & Mobile Learning, has put together a great post
  featuring different types of assessment rubrics for digital storytelling projects.
- I was especially fond of the second rubric that took Copyright Laws into
  account!
http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2013/04/digital-storytelling-evaluation-rubrics.html

digital storytelling rubrics, digital storytelling in the classroom, evaluating digital storytelling projects

Happy Monday everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to go to this link, but it’s gone. Anyone out there able to help me???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!